With all the constant talk in the media about super foods, it gets confusing to figure out what foods actually are that good. There’s one that stands to us as the ultimate food source. Eggs. They are packed full of goodness containing a long list of vitamins and minerals. They are high in protein and are also a great source of omega 3′s which protect against heart disease and autoimmune disorders.
There’s many ways to cook eggs but one of our favourites is in a very simple omelette with spinach and tomato.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 Table spoon of water
- 1 Table spoon of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Put 2 eggs, water, and salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and lightly whisk until well combined.
- Using a non stick pan melt the butter on a medium heat until sizzling.
- Pour the eggs into the hot pan and tilt until the mixture covers the base. Using a spatula gently lift and stir the mixture until the base starts to set (the top should remain slightly runny).
- Once the base is golden, add the spinach and tomato with a pinch more salt and fold half the omelette over the other. Allow to cook for another 45 seconds or so then gently serve onto a plate.
The preparation time for this meal is about 5 minutes and cooking time about 3 minutes so it makes for a perfect hit of nutrients to start your day or any other meal you choose. Enjoy.